You have no items in your shopping cart.
We are heading towards colder temperatures and harsh winds. Turning up central heating causing dry air can reduce the Natural Moisturising Factors (NMFs) in our skin which will results in dehydration, roughness and flakiness. Moving from centrally heated environments into the biting cold can cause broken capillaries and make rosacea worse.
These are our 4 tops tips on how to deal with skin dehydration:
- 1. When the weather turns colder, it's tempting to reach for carbohydrates rich, sugary comfort foods. We recommend you increase the intake healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, oily fish and avocados to keep skin moisturised from the inside out.
- 2. Supplement yourself with Skin Omega+ to safeguard those essential fatty acid levels. Skin Omega+ is an exceptionally pure essential fatty acids to maintain your skin's lipid layer and minimise transepidermal water loss. It’s like an internal moisturiser for your skin.
- 3. Switch to an oil-based cleanser e.g. Environ Skin EssentiA Dual Action Pre-Cleansing Oil which is far kinder to your skin and wont strip of its natural lipids. Your stratum corneium is extremely delicate and only 0.02mm thick, so, it’s very easily damaged by soaps and cleansers which contain harsh chemicals or required vigorous technique. Gently remove make-up with Environ Skin EssentiA Dual Action Pre-Cleansing Oil, followed by Environ Hydra-Intense Cleansing Lotion to lift away further impurities without stripping the stratum corneum.
- 4. Using the correct moisturiser and enhance your skin with skin boosters e.g. Environ Focus Hydrating Serum/Environ Super Moisturiser. Environ Focus Hydrating Serum contains hyaluronic acid which holds 1000 times its own weight in water to combat dehydration. For enhanced results, always use alongside the Environ Cosmetic Roll CIT.
- Environ Super Moisturiser+ is a comforting cream specifically for dry skin, which regulates natural hydration levels and replenishes the moisture barrier.
Extra Tips: A Course of Environ Hydraboost or Environ Active Vitamin Facials will deeply hydrate skin with active ingredients such as Hyaluronic acid and lactic acid to smooth and moisturiser your skin.
Emi Wong (Emi's Skin Clinic)