Your cart is empty
By Appointment only. Cost: Only €15
Get the vaccine, not the flu!
The HSE is urging people in at-risk groups to get vaccinated against influenza.
Vaccination is strongly recommended for
- persons aged 65 and older
- those with a long term medical condition such as diabetes. heart, kidney, lung or neurological disease
- people whose immune system is impaired due to disease or treatment
- persons with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
- pregnant women (at any stage in pregnancy)
- residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
- people with regular close contact with poultry, water fowl or pigs
- health care workers
Some Flu facts you may not know....
Flu Season lasts from Oct - April.
Strains of the flu virus change every year.
It takes 10-14 days for vaccine to take effect.
The Vaccine helps produce antibodies to fight the flu.
Over 62,000 people availed of the flu vaccine in community pharmacies across Ireland in 2015/2016, an increase of 22% on the previous year.